Mon, 4 September 2006
Episode 23 Ironman Talk
In this weeks show:
This weekend's race results, plus what's up next week.
Ironman Arizona 2007 has been sold out.
ITU putting time and money into the development of the sport.
Age grouper of the week
This week's age grouper is Axel Reiser for getting 7th in Ironman Korea. He was the first age grouper home in a time of 8:39:12. Good luck in Hawaii.
We also got an email from Fausto in Brazil about Reinaldo Colucci. This is a young kid to is someone look out for in the future.
High 5 for change a flat tyre!
1. Check the outside of the tyre for any objected that could have caused the flat.
2. Keep the leavers close to each when putting them under the tyre.
3. Find the hole by pumping up the tube once you have got it out. Then check inside the wheel at the same place.
4. Put the new valve in the wheel and then put a little bit of air in tube before putting the tyre back on.
5. Be careful not to pinch the tube when using the leaver to put the tyre back on.
Product Review Centre
Future Dreams DVD
Questions & Answers
Mathews question: Can age groupers peak 3 times in a year.
Ray asking if there is any need for aerobars for slower riders. Plus about core exercises.
Brian was wondering if he should focus sprints or Olympics before doing a half.
BZA asks if Dave Remy could put his race plan up again.
Fausto was wondering if he should ride with group even though itâ��s not what his program says.
Jonathan asks about when to start IM specfic training.
Ian about the difference be Olympic and halves.
This week's websites
Results: The Canadian, Monico 70.3.
Races coming up: Ironman Wisonsin,
Bondesse Tri Challenge, Iron Desert.
News: Arizona sold out, ITUâ��s Globe
Website of the week: A great triathlon
advertisement. Click here.
Future Dreams for Haydn's video.